Sunday, March 3, 2013

Patience


As children we are taught to be patient.  Patience is a virtue.  Wait and you will receive whatever you desire.

What if I can’t wait any longer?

I have never been a patient person.  Sometimes I felt as if I was waiting for things that would simply never come, and it drove me to do things impulsively that I never would have done otherwise.

Business cultivates patience.  You wait to get paid.  You wait for people to "move" on projects.  You wait for information.  You wait for approvals.  "Yes?" or "No?" become the questions that rule your business life.

I figured having my own business would mean my patience would no longer be questioned or tested because I would be calling the shots.

I quickly learned how wrong I was.

On the outside I seem very calm, cool and collected.  Inside my mind is racing with new ideas, new projects, how to build a better mousetrap and how to take over the world (shout-out to T. and B.)  I need to stay as calm and grounded as possible to continue to be successful.

So I wait.  I'm practicing patience.  And I'll win.


Staying fueled up.

~Creatively Yours

No comments:

Post a Comment