Sunday, March 24, 2013

I Prefer an Interesting Vice...


There are many people in your life that will tell you not to do xyz.

They will only tell you this because they are afraid to do it themselves.

I've often found that when I am ready to take a new risk (I take a lot of them, often.) that there are always a few people that will give me their honest opinion.  I listen to everything that is said to me, but that doesn't mean I act on it.

I realized a long time ago that the people I find most interesting are the loners.  Not the person that is constantly in the limelight, the source of attention, or the "life of the party." 

I'm talking to the dude in the corner, sipping his drink slowly and viewing the scene.  He's usually so fascinating and witty.

Or the lady at the bar who is jotting stuff in a notebook, oblivious to the flurry of activity around her.  She's probably writing snippets of her next novel or penning a new tune.

The quote above says it all.  "I prefer an interesting vice..."  The people I watch the most are the ones moving and shaking life up, with no time to brag about it to anyone.

People who take chances inspire me to take more as well. Nobody ever got anywhere by standing still.

Somehow this loops into a positive blurb about Creatively Yours (ARC), but today I'll let you come to your own conclusions.  I'm going out to meet more interesting people who are taking risks and quietly changing the world with each one.  Peace.


~Creatively Yours

No comments:

Post a Comment