Thursday, March 28, 2013

Duck's Backs...Flipping Tables...Dreams


March 28, 2013

“Water off a duck’s back…” Mantra as spoken by Jinxx Monsoon – RuPaul’s Drag Race.

2 slight disappointments this week in conjunction with a Tyler Perry Hangout on Google+. 

1.      Filled out my Google+ application to be in the hangout with Tyler Perry discussing his new movie “Temptation”.  I handed in my 3 questions and thought that was it.  A day later I get an email from a lady saying that I’ve been pre-selected to be “featured” in the hangout and to possibly ask TP a question.  Holy crap!  We set up a time for the next day to test my laptop to make sure my system is ready to participate.  4pm comes the next day and I get the email to try the test hangout (chatroom).  MY FREAKING LAPTOP MICROPHONE WON’T WORK!!! MY ROOMMATES MICROPHONE WON’T WORK EITHER.  OMG SO GHETTO AND WRONG!!


2.     The day of the hangout I set my calendar to alert me and I sit in the “waiting area” for 30 minutes till it starts.  11:45 comes and I click on the hangout….THIS HANGOUT IS FULL.  Now a chick wanna start cussing and flipping tables!

First of all it’s a cyber chatroom!  Whyyyyy is it full already?  It’s not like we have actual chairs and tables to fill.  Second, why was I here 30 minutes early and not able to get in?  This is some BS!!!



I’m going to channel these experiences into something positive.  I know I am better than letting things get to me in a manner that is going to make me step outside of my well-behaved self.  So I breathe slowly and drink some water.

My time to meet Tyler Perry will come.  When it does it won’t be with a broken microphone.  I will shake his hand and tell him that I am a 75% fan but I do think his works are getting better.  Then he will tell me that he is a fan of my work and wants to turn one of my short stories into a full-length feature film with TP Studios.

That’s how big my dreams are.  Don’t let one setback take you off track.
Peace…~Creatively Yours!

1 comment: