Thursday, March 14, 2013

winter is almost over...

Winter is almost over.  What will your excuse be then?

Everyone talks about "once the weather breaks I am going to do xyz..."  From fishing to working out to starting the next chapter of the novel that lives within them we all make the EXCUSE of Winter holding us back.

I spent a lot of dark days "hibernating" every Winter for years.  I'm ashamed to actually tell the number of days I wasted.

Yet with the return of Spring and Summer I was rejuvenated, ready to re-animate and activate.  You couldn't find me because I was headed out on the next road trip, outdoor concert, expo or event.  I was living and it felt great!

Somewhere around 2005-ish we had a super mild winter.  No snow, hardly any cold weather at all and my life did a 180.  I no longer felt I had to hide away in my home, on my couch, on the computer communicating with the world daily, but not allowing myself to be involved with the "crush" of people in the outside world.  I truly believe I was 2 steps from being claustrophobic and agoraphobic at the same time.  It sucked.

So we had a mild winter.  I went outside in December, January, February AND March and my life was better!  Bingo!

I won't move to a year-round warmer climate for various reasons.  The changing of the seasons is a joy to me and although the Winter beats me in the face like a mean lover, I do kind of cherish the first snow, a crisp lungful of air and the colorful Fall leaves.  I am blessed to live somewhere that Nature is so radiantly displayed.

It's March and the daffodils are starting to sprout, the daylight lasts a little longer and Spring will be here before we know it.  I am no longer waiting for Spring to do the things I want to do.  

I leave you with this lovely quote below.  

~Creatively Yours (ARC)



No comments:

Post a Comment