Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The God-Children

I've discussed My Nyklas, My Rays and now...
My God-Children.


Corey



A sophomore in college now, I met Corey when he was around 8 years old.  He did an Irish jig for me (that he made up) and I fell in love with him instantly.  He is funny, sensitive, smart, compassionate and has the most incredible green thumb I have ever seen.  When he asks me how I'm doing he really listens for the answer and I appreciate and love him more than he will ever know.

Corey being his "fun" self :)



Colton


Colton turned 7 a few days ago.  Tiny.  That’s how I remember him all those years ago.  Tiny with red hair.  I held him in my arms, kissed his forehead and told him “we are so happy that you are here.”


My first "assigned" God-Child.


The first baby entrusted to my loving care, “symbolically” that if anything happened to his parents I would be responsible for his spiritual upbringing.


I was overwhelmed with emotion as I sat in the hospital room that day.  He slept peacefully against my shoulder and I was comforted by his new presence.


So it's been 7 years of very interesting and dynamic events with Colton.  He is very head-strong (but not bratty), yet super shy around strangers.  He loves planes, trains and anything that needs to be put together (puzzles, legos etc.)  He is smart as a whip and plays baseball.  That guy is going to be amazing.


Happy Birthday Colton!


I am proud to say that when we had lunch 2 weeks ago he came and gave me a huge hug. That may not seem significant but he is hot/cold with me a lot of the time and I never know what to expect.  This particular day he ran towards me with open arms and hugged me tight, screaming my name in the process.  I felt so validated in that moment that this little person knows and loves me.

Colton is funny, kind, a great big-brother to his sisters and adores his older brother.  He is considerate, loving and just a great kid. A big Thank You to Colton’s parents for trusting me to be a part of his life.  I will not disappoint you or him.



Caitlyn



Caity is my little princess who takes no prisoners.  Caity lives up to the "red hair temperament" stories.  She’s very vocal with what she likes and doesn’t like and can easily tell you all about her last trip to Disney.  She stays awake on long car rides and has the face of an angel.

Caity has another side where she is silent and simply watching the scene.  Whether happy or angry she is always very observant.  Many times I am unsure how to engage her, so I just watch her as well.  We sit and stare at each other until one finally breaks and speaks.  It’s fun.

Miss Thing can also tear up “Just Dance” with her brother.  They have notorious dance battles and have no qualms about dancing for the camera.  Precious!

Caitlyn and Christina...Disney Princesses!


Christina

"I can do it by myself!!!"

Happy girl who dances, sings and just wants hugs and kisses.  Christina speaks clearly and knows what she wants.  Over lunch we discussed the goodness of chips and salsa only the way a 3 year old can.  Christina is independent and likes to do things on her own.  She is beautiful and full of light.  



God-mommy Andrea Loves All 4 of You.

What can we learn from children?  What can we NOT learn?  Children are so innocent, perfect, and open.  It's a blessing always to be a part of so many young lives.  

~Creatively Yours (ARC)








No comments:

Post a Comment