Sunday, April 21, 2013

Silent Thunder


When I am silent,
I have thunder hidden inside.  ~ 
Rumi

Harrisburg Sunrise April 2013

Silence can say more than words ever can.

The sunrise...as beautifully majestic as it is....is completely silent.  The sun does not trumpet it's rising in the early sky...it just rises silently and slowly, spreading colors and beauty all around.

Harrisburg State St. Bridge statues 2013

Statues tall and regal, never make a sound.  Yet they impress you with their magnificence and stature.  Silent power.

ARC's Tree #13...2009

A tree grows, lives and thrives without a single sound.

There have been many times in my life when I was silent rather than vocal about things that meant a lot to me.  Pain is hard to voice sometimes and I was too hurt to formulate words. Silence was power.

Yet there is that thunder inside as well.  Thunder that rolls and breaks and shakes.  Thunder that will rip hearts and tear out souls.  I can be the meanest bitch around and I reserve her for those that go out of their way to be mean to me.

Silent thunder.  So powerful when seen and felt.  So humbling when it roars inside your own soul.

Creativity is like that silence and thunder.  The shyest among us (singer Lizz Wright for example) can sing like Jesus himself touched her vocal chords.  Yet you see her in interviews and you can tell that it is hard for her to express herself in words.  So you must listen, intently, when she sings.  (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf0PXUD-9pg)

Lizz Wright

Miles Davis was notorious for coming onto a stage, not liking the vibe and walking off after one song.  He was a complicated soul and the true definition of Silent Thunder.

Miles says "shhhhh"

I encourage you to allow me to pull the Thunder out of you while respecting your silence.  If there is something creative you want to do and you need help feel free to send me an email.  Let's work together to bring the Silent/Thunder forth.

~Creatively Yours (ARC)
Harrisburg, PA 2013
Email:  cre8vlyyours@aol.com
Twitter: @cre8vlyyours
Facebook: facebook.com/CreativelyYoursARC
Pinterest: CreativelyYoursARC




No comments:

Post a Comment