Sunday, April 14, 2013

She Tries To Do It All


The name on the "virtual door" is Creatively Yours (ARC).

Yes, I try my hand at a little of everything that has creative roots.  I used to sing.  I sometimes write poetry.  I dance like crazy in the club and a long time ago I took a ballet class.

I take photos.  I draw.


Who's afraid of the big bad wolf that says you can only be good at one thing?  A long time ago a wonderful artist told me that the only way she learned to draw/paint was to practice every day.

I took a few classes from her and she taught me how to really look at a tree.  I practiced.  I'm not the best, but I love my own work.

Do you love your own work? Are you afraid to try something new for fear that it won't be perfect?  What's stopping you from throwing that clay, picking up that camera or putting that first brush stroke on the canvas?  Just do it.

The picture above is a tree that I studied for 3 years behind my house.   It was "dead" to normal eyes but to me "she" was beautiful.  I drew so many variations of that tree that someone asked me if I was obsessed with it.  I admitted that I was.  They tore the tree down when the house was renovated, but it sticks in my memory and I have it drawn in 20 different ways.

She tries to do it all. She does it all.  Will you try? If so, let me help.

~Creatively Yours
(cre8vlyyours@aol.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment