Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Thing About Obstacles

If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.  ~Zen Proverb




I would be completely justified to pack my things, hang my head and go home when someone tells me "no".

Yet there is a crazy fighting spirit in me that envisions myself breaking rocks with bare hands.  Jumping barricades with a single bound and yes, even flying to my next destination.


Seeing the obstacle is the obvious thing.  Making a plan is the next thing. Finding the solution is the best thing.  


Once upon a time I answered to the nickname "Songbird".  The funny thing about labeling myself as a "singer" was I was constantly being rejected.  I would go to auditions, meet with "producers", was told my voice was "too rich".  Many things happened during my singing times that would have made me question my talent.  Yet I knew there was something better on the other side of that "no" and my inquisitive nature would not allow me to give up or stop going after the dream to sing professionally.

Life is full of reasons to STOP.  The spirit is full of reasons to go on.    No reward without risk.  What we think we can have is a drop in the bucket compared to what is really out there for us TO have.

Let no obstacle get in your way this week.  I will be fighting for what I want professionally and personally.  Will you?

~Creatively Yours (ARC)

No comments:

Post a Comment