Sunday, January 6, 2013

HOME



"When I think of home I think of a place where there's love overflowing..."  The Wiz

In my surfing travels tonight I came across this beautiful picture of my hometown and current residence Harrisburg.  

I love my city.  Period.

My city is currently in a state of financial crisis that has been reported on the national news.  Crime is high and some people like to focus only on the bad aspects of my town.

I cannot think of a better place to house Creatively Yours (ARC) or to network with a finer group of businesses, consumers and hometown folks.

Harrisburg is struggling like every other city in America.  We are still hearing reports of the recession hitting in areas that have never been hit before and that industries are not "bouncing back" as quickly as the pundits predicted they would.

Yet there is a spirit in my city that is hard-scrabble and tough.  We work hard for our money and spend it just as freely.  I will speak for myself when I say I love supporting locally owned businesses...and I hope that others will feel the same way when they need something  Creatively Yours (ARC) can provide.

Harrisburg is being built up house by house and block by block.  I'm not saying we don't have our neglected areas, areas that are somewhat forgotten or only spotlighted when something bad has happened.  I'm saying there is joy to be found on every corner if you just look for it.

I'm proud to say I'm from Harrisburg.  Proud to say I went to Harrisburg High School.  I hold my head high and will tell anyone who asks that I am a product of public school.  I'm most proud of the fact that Creatively Yours was born here, and no matter how far our business arms reach, this will always be our Home.

~Creatively Yours
proudly hailing from Harrisburg, PA

No comments:

Post a Comment