Monday, January 28, 2013

Comparison Shopping

I'm proud to say I live my life and run my business with the motto "what's meant for me is meant for me, no one else can ever have it."

Yet those sneaky feelings of doubt creep in when I least expect it.  Making me question my motives for making such a drastic career move, and believing as much in Creatively Yours as I believe in myself.

I am blessed to have many successful friends.  Those who are forging ahead with their own businesses (in a recession no less) as well as those who work in corporate America.  I am proud to say that the people I have chosen to surround myself with since high school are very smart, goal-achieving people.  They blaze their own trails and take no prisoners.

Their success could be intimidating to someone who does not know their own worth.  Instead of being shy about being a new business owner, I am emboldened by their success.  I'm just as bright and hardworking.  If my peers can do it, I can too!

This morning as I scrolled through my Facebook timeline I came across this:



So timely Mr. Acuff!  Just as a baby can't chew on meat, my business has to grow into bigger projects, budgets and public acclaim.  It will all come in time.

Today I salute my successful colleagues.  By watching their example, I know I can take my small beginning to the next level.  With time, patience, even trial and error I will reach my successful Middle.

Have a wonderfully Creative week!

~Creatively Yours (ARC)

3 comments:

  1. We became successful thanks to your support!!! Remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've brought many people through our doors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Loves! It is a pleasure to support greatness in the making.

    My first two comments on a blog! YAY!

    ReplyDelete